For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
As an Account Executive (AE) at Catalist, you will have a leading role in account support and solutions engineering for a set of Catalist clients. The Account Executive is responsible for overall project management for certain clients and providing account activity updates and participating in solution development.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with excellent technical skills, a strong desire to learn new skills, and an interest in progressive politics. Catalist values creativity and problem solving. Our work is on the cutting edge of data-driven politics, and your support will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns.
This position reports to the Director of Client Services and works closely with the Product Management, Analytics and Tech teams.
- Responsible for understanding current client needs and delivering Catalist services to meet those needs, translating needs to internal teams to satisfy requests
- Functions as a client advocate, coordinating project delivery and resolving problems by leveraging internal delivery teams on an as-needed basis; the AE manages and coordinates all steps required for client support
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all internal and external Catalist tools and data and products for the purpose of assessing and assisting with Client needs
- Provide support on the post-sales contracting process, service explanation and coordinating tool set-up, and billing including tracking all state-level syndication
- Ensures regular and appropriate client communication
- Oversees all client projects assigned from start to finish; successfully delivers requests on time, accurately, and in a client-friendly format with actionable insights where applicable
- Backend data support and problem solving
- Escalates issues and concerns to the Director of Client Services and Director of Product Management as needed
- Attends Client Services staff meetings to report on and discuss open projects
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years account management or campaign experience
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to translate client requests into internal instructions
- Excellent project management skills including ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to be creative and personable and articulate ideas clearly
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly
- Highly-proficient in Microsoft Office, namely Excel, working with large datasets, formulas, and pivot tables
- Experience with political campaigns or progressive organizations is required
- Background check required
Catalist values creativity and problem solving. We want to revolutionize the way data is used by political campaigns, non-profit organizations, and academic institutions, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of advocacy efforts. Our Client Services team is critical to growing our impact.
Catalist offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Account Executive.”
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision coverage
Catalist offers medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision coverage. Coverage for eligible staff begins the first of the month following the date of hire.
Group Term Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Group Term Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Coverage is available for eligible full-time employees. These benefits will be provided at no cost to Catalist’s employees. Enrollment will occur automatically on the 1st of the month following your date of employment.
401(k) Safe Harbor Plan
The 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan is available to all full-time employees from date of hire. Employees may contribute pre-tax or post-tax from their salary up the legal limit set forth by the IRS.
- Employer Contribution: All participants are eligible for this contribution.
- Catalist, LLC will contribute up to 3% of your compensation into the plan for each eligible participant.
- Catalist, LLC 401(k) plan allows qualified employees to enroll on their first day of work.
This benefit allows you to have up to funds deducted on a pre-tax basis from your gross salary amount to pay for Metro use.
Student Loan PayDown or SaveUp
Catalist is pleased to offer a Student Loan PayDown and College SaveUp benefit. We make direct contributions to either your student loans or 529 college savings plan. You get to choose which one will be most impactful to you!
Professional Development Benefit
All Catalist employees are eligible for an Individual Development Budget of $750 per calendar year. We are committed to the professional development of Catalist team members and are excited to support this benefit.
Personal Leave & Vacation
Catalist offers vacation benefits to all full-time, permanent staff. Employees receive 12 days their first full year. In addition to vacation, after 6 months each employee is allowed three personal days per calendar year and up to six days sick leave depending on tenure.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.