Chief Data Officer
For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. that are engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Chief Data Officer.
The Chief Data Officer is responsible for developing and governing data strategies, procedures and policies across the organization. Working closely with clients, third party vendors, and internal departments, the CDO oversees the collection, preparation, organization, protection, and analysis of data assets and must deliver data products to internal and external stakeholders while ensuring that industry best practices are met.
The CDO is responsible for leading and developing data-focused technical teams, improving and streamlining data systems, ensuring data quality, and driving data product innovation. The successful candidate will have a proven record in data management, leadership, and information systems and tools. A strong background in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Software Engineering is advantageous.
The Chief Data Officer plays a highly collaborative role and, in this position, will oversee cross-functional data governance while simultaneously ensuring adoption and adherence to data quality and process governance in the relevant collaborating departments.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Thorough understanding of data strategies
- Experienced in designing and implementing data strategies and systems
- Hire, lead, motivate, develop, and manage technical teams
- Negotiate the procurement of data from commercial sources where required
- Experienced in collection, storage, process, management, and quality assurance of data
- Own and oversee the management and evolution of business rules governing the production and content of data products
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data internally and externally
- Knowledge of relevant technologies such as relational databases, big data solutions, and tools
- Providing executive direction and strategic leadership in the development, dissemination and implementation of data standards and policies
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or Information Systems, Computer Science, or Software Engineering
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- 4 to 6 years of management at director or executive level
- Project management experience – PMP certification is a plus
- Personnel management experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills – especially writing and presenting
- Background check required
Salary & Benefits Package
At Catalist we live our progressive values, and our benefits package is one of the ways we support our team and employees. Our benefits include:
- Life and Disability Benefits
- Health and Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Transportation Benefits
- Retirement contributions
- Continuing education disbursement
- Student loan and/or educational savings account contributions
- Parental leave, including flexible scheduling and remote working
Catalist offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Chief Data Officer.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.