Data Quality Assurance Engineer
For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
As a data quality assurance engineer at Catalist, you will have a leading role in efforts to discover actionable insights using the largest repository of individual-level data in progressive politics. The position is responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of data throughout its life cycle at Catalist.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with excellent technical skills, a strong desire to learn new skills, and an interest in progressive politics. Catalist values creativity and problem-solving. Our work is on the cutting edge of data-driven politics, and your support will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns.
This position reports to the Data QA Manager. The Data Quality Assurance Engineer is a part of a growing Data team that supports all underlying work at Catalist.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and execute data quality assurance tests on incoming datasets
- Gather and disseminate pertinent information to ensure the proper processing of datasets
- Utilize our database query tool as well as other internal resources to answer questions internally and externally about data and data processing
- Generate and maintain documentation to support all deliverables and to facilitate future replication of tasks.
- Present results, both orally and in writing, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Acts as an advanced user of all internal and external Catalist tools (JIRA, sFTP, Q Tool, M Tool,), data and products (Voter Files, Absentee/Early Vote Data, Occupation and License Data etc.) for the purpose of assessing Data Quality
Education & Experience:
- Willingness to be a problem solver and produce results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to focus on details and make productive suggestions on ways to streamline and improve processes
- Ability to be creative and personable, and articulate ideas clearly
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly
- Highly proficient in Excel (large data sets, formulas, graphs and pivot tables)
- Interest, familiarity or experience with SQL, Python or other relational database programming language.
- Experience in the following a plus: Terminal, Talend, DQM/SAP or using a Unix command line interface
Catalist values creativity and problem solving. We want to revolutionize the way data is used by political campaigns, non-profit organizations, and academic institutions, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of advocacy efforts. Our Data team is critical to growing our impact.
Catalist offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Data QA Engineer.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.