Data Research & Acquisition Specialist
For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists, and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
We are currently seeking applicants for a position as a Data Research and Acquisition Specialist. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a strong desire to learn new skills, an interest in progressive politics and have some exposure to data and technology.
In this position you will interact regularly with official sources of voter file data and will be responsible for collecting, cataloging and processing data for client use. Candidates should possess strong research skills, with the ability to identify new or updated sources of data in a fast and efficient manner. The candidate should have a strong attention to detail, be able to build relationships with data sources, and deliver results in a fast-paced working environment.
This position reports to the Data Acquisition Manager, and works closely with the Data Operations and Quality teams.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collecting voter files and other data from state and county officials in a timely and efficient manner
- Build and maintain relationships with contacts at official data sources and vendors to stay informed about state and county election data, laws, and procedures
- Research, collect, and work with other various data sets for use by Catalist and its clients
- Perform quality control on incoming data and troubleshoot any issues that come up
- Gain proficiency with Catalist tools as well as other technical tools to support various data department projects and operations
- Document all work in an organized manner to provide information in current and future operations
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to perform research to find various sources and vendors for different data sets
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly
- Proficient using Excel with large datasets
Education & Experience:
- Experience with Python, SQL, or similar is a plus
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- Background check required
To apply, please send your resume, including references, job and academic experience, to email@example.com with the subject line "Data Research & Acquisition Specialist."
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.