Director of Digital Media and Solutions
For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in advocacy, civic endeavors and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, diverse, and creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community. We believe in making Catalist the kind of place that you want to work for a while, so we’ve built out a comprehensive benefits package to make sure that you’re taken care of when you’re here.
About the Position
Our Director of Digital Media and Solutions is the bridge between Catalist clients and our Analytics and Data teams. The Director will assist potential and current clients with solutions and strategies that utilize Catalist data to reach their goals.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead Catalist efforts in providing digital consulting and strategic advice for key clients and/or critical projects
- Work closely with clients using the Peoria values clusters; collaborate with and guide clients as they utilize these clusters to conduct program
- Analyze, understand, and monitor Catalist's business strategy and tactics as they relate to software and system development and operations
- Assist with business development presentations and proposals
Required Skills & Abilities:
- At least five years experience in electoral and advocacy campaigns, communications, political consulting and/or digital, and/or data experience
- Knowledge of digital media, tools, and advocacy and a strong interest in learning more
- Strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated capacity to thrive in high-pressure, evolving environments
- First-hand experience in supporting clients, interfacing with the external progressive community
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to efficiently develop solutions for clients
- Strong communication skills and comfort presenting to large and small audiences
- Desire to work with a highly-collaborative team
- Familiarity with Catalist data and products a plus but not a must
- Background check required
There are no formal educational requirements for this position.
This is a full-time job in Washington, DC. Compensation will range from $85,000-$95,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send your resume, including references, job and academic experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Director of Digital Media and Solutions."
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision coverage
Catalist offers medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision coverage. Coverage for eligible staff begins the first of the month following the date of hire.
Group Term Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Group Term Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Coverage is available for eligible full-time employees. These benefits will be provided at no cost to Catalist’s employees. Enrollment will occur automatically on the 1st of the month following your date of employment.
401(k) Safe Harbor Plan
The 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan is available to all full-time employees from date of hire. Employees may contribute pre-tax or post-tax from their salary up the legal limit set forth by the IRS.
- Employer Contribution: All participants are eligible for this contribution.
- Catalist, LLC will contribute up to 3% of your compensation into the plan for each eligible participant.
- Catalist, LLC 401(k) plan allows qualified employees to enroll on their first day of work.
This benefit allows you to have up to funds deducted on a pre-tax basis from your gross salary amount to pay for Metro use.
Student Loan PayDown or SaveUp
Catalist is pleased to offer a Student Loan PayDown and College SaveUp benefit. We make direct contributions to either your student loans or 529 college savings plan. You get to choose which one will be most impactful to you!
Professional Development Benefit
All Catalist employees are eligible for an Individual Development Budget of $750 per calendar year. We are committed to the professional development of Catalist team members and are excited to support this benefit.
Personal Leave & Vacation
Catalist offers vacation benefits to all full-time, permanent staff. Employees receive 12 days their first full year. In addition to vacation, after 6 months each employee is allowed three personal days per calendar year and up to six days sick leave depending on tenure.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.