Election Data Processing Specialist (Entry-Level)
For 14 years, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community working on behalf of progressives only and never working for commercial for-profit enterprises.
Catalist is currently seeking applicants for an entry-level position as an Election Data Processor during the 2020 election cycle. This is a unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience at the intersection of technology and politics. This job will primarily be providing real time absentee and early vote data to clients for analysis and program work.
- Perform the end to end processing of Absentee and Early vote (AVEV) data
- Coordinate the proper collection of AVEV data from Secretaries of State and County Boards of Elections via email and phone calls
- Format and audit incoming data using various software and tools
- Gain proficiency with proprietary Catalist tools through on-the-job training
- Document your work in a clear and thorough manner
- Other tasks as assigned
Skills & Experience:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Willingness to be a problem solver and produce results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Offices Suite, specifically Excel
- Passion for progressive causes, a great attitude and willingness to learn
- Flexibility to work evening shifts is a plus
- Background check required
There are no formal educational requirements for this position
This is a seasonal position in Washington, DC. Compensation will be $15 per hour.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Election Data Processing Specialist.”