Infrastructure Technician (Temporary Full Time)
For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
We are currently looking for talented and energetic technicians who would like to work on an exciting set of products to help progressive organizations run more effective voter contact programs. This position will offer a unique opportunity to help build out an enterprise class data processing and analytics infrastructure for scale.
As a technician at Catalist, you will have a leading role in efforts to discover actionable insights using the largest repository of individual-level data in progressive politics. Our work is on the cutting edge of data-driven politics, and your findings will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns.
Note: This is a temporary position, with a term of 3-6 months.
- Assist with installation, configuration, and maintenance of laptops, network devices, video conferencing, and other hardware components
- Assist with installation, configuration, and maintenance of infrastructural software components
- Configure, deploy, and maintain staff-issued laptops, primarily running MacOS
- Support and resolve issue tickets as assigned from Infrastructure Team management
- Assist with testing new software releases
- Be available for occasional work on-site at our colocated data center in Ashburn, VA, including some infrequent nights and weekends
- Assist with Catalist’s strict quality control standards for data releases
- Comfortable with being asked to perform duties outside of official job role and assuming additional responsibility as your skills develop
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to quickly and accurately prioritize issues
- Self directed learner who can problem solve without hand-holding
- Able and willing to document resolutions
- Strong structured thinking, technical analysis, and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail – across process, data, design, security, and engineering
- Configure and maintain desktop OS (primarily MacOS) and standard issue software (VPN, MS Office, etc)
- Fluency in SQL necessary, the ability to understand SQL optimization a plus
- Full-stack troubleshooting with the ability to independently perform root cause analysis, and describe and implement a solution
- Must be able to work self-directed and be accountable to organizational needs and plans
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is critical
- Willing to get out of the comfort zone if asked. This might include a variety of IT operational tasks, especially when a teammate is absent
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience in an Agile work environment a plus
- Interest in progressive politics
Education & Experience:
- Must have at least 2 years experience with system integration, operation, and administration or education equivalent
- Experience with desktop support required
- Experience with network operations a plus
- Background check required
This position offers an annualized salary in the range of $45,000 – $55,000.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Infrastructure Technician (Temporary Full Time).”
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.