For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
The Marketing Assistant supports critical aspects of our Marketing and Client Services departments and works closely with the senior staff at Catalist.
- Assist in planning meetings, special events, and conferences
- Help draft and manage external communications in MailChimp; maintain outreach lists
- Help maintain and update company online presence
- Monitor news for industry and client stories of note
- Support press outreach efforts; complete research and other duties as assigned
- Works independently to develop and propose additional avenues for engagement within Catalist’s broader media and marketing strategy
Skills & Experience:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Customer Service: Displays courtesy and sensitivity to all. Responds promptly to external and internal requests
- Planning & Organization: Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner and communicates needs or points of clarification
- Independent Problem Solving: Self starter. Does not always need to wait for direction. Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem-solving situations
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to views
- Politically Astute: Able to navigate personal relationships and sensitive situations
- Detail Oriented: Reviews documents, catches mistakes, crosses t's and dots i's
- Key Programmatic Experience: Fluent in G-Suite, Excel/Google Sheets, and MailChimp
- Background check required
Previous experience as an assistant, scheduler, or press assistant (or equivalent experience) is preferred but not required.
There are no formal educational requirements for this position.
This is a full-time job in Washington, DC. Compensation will range from $45,000-$50,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Catalist offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Assistant.”
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision coverage
Catalist offers medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision coverage. Coverage for eligible staff begins the first of the month following the date of hire.
Group Term Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Group Term Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Coverage is available for eligible full-time employees. These benefits will be provided at no cost to Catalist’s employees. Enrollment will occur automatically on the 1st of the month following your date of employment.
401(k) Safe Harbor Plan
The 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan is available to all full-time employees from date of hire. Employees may contribute pre-tax or post-tax from their salary up the legal limit set forth by the IRS.
- Employer Contribution: All participants are eligible for this contribution.
- Catalist, LLC will contribute up to 3% of your compensation into the plan for each eligible participant.
- Catalist, LLC 401(k) plan allows qualified employees to enroll on their first day of work.
This benefit allows you to have up to funds deducted on a pre-tax basis from your gross salary amount to pay for Metro use.
Student Loan PayDown or SaveUp
Catalist is pleased to offer a Student Loan PayDown and College SaveUp benefit. We make direct contributions to either your student loans or 529 college savings plan. You get to choose which one will be most impactful to you!
Professional Development Benefit
All Catalist employees are eligible for an Individual Development Budget of $750 per calendar year. We are committed to the professional development of Catalist team members and are excited to support this benefit.
Personal Leave & Vacation
Catalist offers vacation benefits to all full-time, permanent staff. Employees receive 12 days their first full year. In addition to vacation, after 6 months each employee is allowed three personal days per calendar year and up to six days sick leave depending on tenure.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.