Press Assistant & Scheduler
For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
This position supports critical aspects of our administrative and marketing departments and works closely with the senior staff at Catalist.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with excellent technical skills, a strong desire to learn new skills, and an interest in progressive politics. Catalist values creativity and problem solving. Our work is on the cutting edge of data-driven politics, and your support will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns.
- Maintain calendars for CEO, and other senior leadership; work with senior leadership team to prioritize, delegate, and book meetings or travel
- Assist in planning meetings, special events, and conferences
- Help maintain and update company online presence
- Monitor news for industry and client stories of note
- Support press outreach efforts; help identify new opportunities for Catalist in the media
- Complete research and other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience:
- Customer Service: Displays courtesy and sensitivity to all. Responds promptly to external and internal requests.
- Planning & Organization: Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner and communicates needs or points of clarification.
- Independent Problem Solving: Self starter. Does not always need to wait for direction. Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to views.
- Politically Astute: Able to navigate personal relationships and sensitive situations.
- Detail Oriented: Reviews documents, catches mistakes, crosses t's and dots i's,
- Key Programmatic Experience: Fluent in G-Suite, and Excel,/Google Sheets and Mailchimp.
- Previous experience as an assistant, scheduler, or press assistant (or equivalent experience) is preferred but not required.
- Background check required.
This is a full-time job in Washington, DC. Compensation will range from $45,000-$50,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Medical, Dental, and Prescription Drug coverage
Catalist offers medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage through United Healthcare. Coverage for eligible staff begins the first of the month following the date of hire. For any reason of termination, your coverage will end the last day of that month.
Group Term Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Group Term Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Coverage is available for eligible full-time employees. These benefits will be provided through United Healthcare Employee Benefits at no cost to Catalist’s employees. Enrollment will occur automatically on the 1st of the month following your date of employment.
Catalist’s Group Term Life Insurance policy will provide a benefit of 1 times the annual salary of the employee to a maximum benefit of $200,000. This amount is doubled in the case of accidental death.
Our Long-Term Disability plan will provide eligible staff 60% of the employee’s salary when an employee is no longer able to work due to a disability. This coverage begins on the 91st day of the disability. The maximum monthly benefit is $6,000.
Betterment 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan
The Betterment 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan is available to all full-time employees from date of hire. Employees may contribute pre-tax or post-tax from their salary up the legal limit set forth by the IRS.
- Employer Contribution: All participants are eligible for this contribution.
- Catalist, LLC will contribute up to 3% of your compensation into the plan for each eligible participant.
- Catalist, LLC 401(k) plan allows qualified employees to enroll on their first day of work.
Catalist, LLC also makes available Metro’s SmartBenefits program to its employees. This benefit allows you to have up to $130 per month deducted on a pre-tax basis from your gross salary amount to pay for Metro use. The pre-tax salary deduction is free from federal, FICA, and state (DC, MD, VA) taxes. You can use SmartBenefits to buy Metro Subway and Bus fares and parking fees at Metro lots.
Student Loan PayDown or SaveUp
Catalist is pleased to offer a Student Loan PayDown and College SaveUp benefit. We have partnered with Gradifi to make direct contributions to either your student loans or 529 college savings plan. You get to choose which one will be most impactful to you!
Professional Development Benefit
All Catalist employees are eligible for an Individual Development Budget of $750 per calendar year. We have seen, and want to recognize, the immense interest Catalist staff has demonstrated in expanding knowledge and improving skills. We are committed to your professional development and are excited to support this benefit for our staff.
Personal Leave & Vacation
Catalist offers vacation benefits to all full-time, permanent staff. During the first year of employment, employees will accrue one vacation day per calendar month. Employees are eligible to take vacation leave after the initial ninety days of employment. At the beginning of the second year of employment, employees will be issued fifteen days of vacation per employment year. In addition to vacation, each employee will be allowed three personal days per calendar year, to be used as needed, but no more than one personal day may be used in any calendar month unless approved in advance by a supervisor. Personal leave may be used for medical appointments scheduled during work hours. Vacation and personal days may not be carried over into subsequent years.
All employees will be provided with sick leave as follows: After six (6) months of employment with the company employees are entitled to up to three (3) days of sick leave per year, and after one (1) year of employment employees are entitled to up to six days of sick leave. Unused sick leave may not be carried over into subsequent years.
Catalist values creativity and problem solving. We want to revolutionize the way data is used by political campaigns, non-profit organizations, and academic institutions, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of advocacy efforts. Our Client Services team is critical to growing our impact.
Catalist offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Scheduler.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.