For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Senior Accountant.
This position will report to the CFO. This position will provide general accounting and administrative support to the company.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management of Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for review of contracts and confirming payment terms
- Provide pricing guidance and input on client and vendor contracts
- Month-end reconciliations of GL accounts and journal entries
- Preparation of annual audit materials, and working with auditors to review revenue and income related issues
- Developing and implementing subscription and ad hoc pricing strategy
- Assist in updating out-year revenue and cost estimates
- Assist in preparation of materials for the quarterly Board meetings and the Annual Report
- Provide ad-hoc and business support to account executives and senior management
- Administrative duties as necessary
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 1-2 years public accounting and/or audit experience
- 3-4 years private accounting experience
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to produce financial statements
- Excellent project management skills including ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to be creative and personable and articulate ideas clearly
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly
- Highly-proficient in Microsoft Office, namely Excel, working with large datasets, formulas, and pivot tables
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or other accounting based system
- Knowledge or experience with Sales Force a plus
- Background check required
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Catalist values creativity and problem solving. We want to revolutionize the way data is used by political campaigns, non-profit organizations, and academic institutions, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of advocacy efforts. Our Client Services team is critical to growing our impact.
Catalist offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Accountant.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.