Tools Support Engineer
For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists, and campaign experts who build best-in-class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage deployments and smoke-testing of new versions of client-facing tools
- Manage operational aspects of client-facing tools, including onboarding, permissions, performance monitoring, and error rates
- Receive, triage, and respond to tools support issues in service tickets and interact with clients and internal staff as needed to gain an understanding of client issues, use cases, and software tools and services requirements
- Act as an advanced user of all client-facing Catalist applications and APIs for the purpose of assessing and assisting with Client needs
- Develop and maintain a conversant, practical understanding of the breadth and use of Catalist data and synthetics
- Troubleshoot reported issues, resolving them when possible, or escalate to the Technology or Data teams when further intervention is required
- Assist Account Executives in maintaining appropriate client access to tools and services, maintain contractual limits on application and service usage, and communicate regularly with Account Executives to set client expectations and timelines for resolutions, as appropriate
- Triage support tickets based upon prioritization set by the product team
- Oversee all assigned tickets from start to finish, deliver solutions to assigned Client Services tickets on time, and create documentation to support future resolution of similar issues
- Work closely with the product team to identify common ticket requests that lend themselves to becoming permanent product enhancements
- Build, maintain, and analyze reports on client usage of application services, features and data
- Attend/lead internal meetings to report on and discuss issues and their status
Skills & Experience:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills for the purpose of achieving clarity and shared understanding of tasks and issue dispositions and resolution
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to meet service-level agreements on support ticket dispositions
- Ability to handle and deliver on multiple simultaneous task assignments
- Conversant skill with web-based data management tools is required
- Familiarity with tabular data file formats such as MS Excel, CSV, or TSV is required
- Familiarity with structured data file formats such as JSON or XML is a plus but not required
- Basic skill with SQL, bash, python or reporting software such as Tableau, Periscope SQL, Looker, or Domo is a plus but not required
- Background check required
A formal degree is not required for this position if equivalent experience is shown. Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Political Science or other technical discipline experience preferred.
This is a full-time job in Washington, DC. Compensation will range from $50,000-$60,000 per year, commensurate with skills and experience.
Catalist offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Tools Support Engineer.”
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision coverage
Catalist offers medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision coverage. Coverage for eligible staff begins the first of the month following the date of hire.
Group Term Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Group Term Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Coverage is available for eligible full-time employees. These benefits will be provided at no cost to Catalist’s employees. Enrollment will occur automatically on the 1st of the month following your date of employment.
401(k) Safe Harbor Plan
The 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan is available to all full-time employees from date of hire. Employees may contribute pre-tax or post-tax from their salary up the legal limit set forth by the IRS.
- Employer Contribution: All participants are eligible for this contribution.
- Catalist, LLC will contribute up to 3% of your compensation into the plan for each eligible participant.
- Catalist, LLC 401(k) plan allows qualified employees to enroll on their first day of work.
This benefit allows you to have up to funds deducted on a pre-tax basis from your gross salary amount to pay for Metro use.
Student Loan PayDown or SaveUp
Catalist is pleased to offer a Student Loan PayDown and College SaveUp benefit. We make direct contributions to either your student loans or 529 college savings plan. You get to choose which one will be most impactful to you!
Professional Development Benefit
All Catalist employees are eligible for an Individual Development Budget of $750 per calendar year. We are committed to the professional development of Catalist team members and are excited to support this benefit.
Personal Leave & Vacation
Catalist offers vacation benefits to all full-time, permanent staff. Employees receive 12 days their first full year. In addition to vacation, after 6 months each employee is allowed three personal days per calendar year and up to six days sick leave depending on tenure.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.