Business Development Associate – Election Cycle
For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
About the Position
Catalist is currently seeking applicants for a Business Development Associate. The position is an extended cycle hire, set to start immediately and run through February 2020. This is a unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience at the intersection of technology and politics. The Business Development Associate will regularly interact with clients, but will be cross-trained with Catalist’s Data department.
This is both a forward-facing and a behind-the-scenes role, and requires an individual with comfort and interest in both sides of supporting progressive organizations’ data needs. The Business Development Associate will work across departments alongside other members of the Marketing team and will take ownership of numerous projects from start to finish. Success in this role requires a balance of personable “customer service” communication with clients, excellent follow-through, and ability to translate client needs to data deliverables. Personal responsibility, an eagerness to learn, and disciplined project and time management are essential for this position.
Your support will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns. A willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours is required.
This position reports to the Business Development Manager and Chief Client Officer and is part of the Marketing Team.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fulfill inbound projects as assigned from start to finish; successfully deliver requests on time, accurately, and in a client-friendly format with actionable insights where applicable
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients verbally and through email to define client requests
- Use Salesforce to document the sales process
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports for senior management regarding inbound sales requests
- Work closely with the Data, Analytics, and Finance teams to scope and fulfill client requests
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have an interest in working with progressive clients of all backgrounds and have a strong desire to learn more about how those clients leverage political data in their work. Candidates from non-traditional backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent project management skills including ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and software quickly
- Knowledge of Google and Office Suites, including Excel/Sheets
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within and across teams
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
- Demonstrated interest in campaigns, organizing, or advocacy is required
- Comfort working in a diverse community with people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Background check required
There are no formal educational requirements for this position.
This is a full time political cycle position and will run from June 2020 to February 2021. Catalist is headquartered in Washington, DC. This position can be fully remote and does not require relocation. Compensation will be $4,580/month (annualized $55,000 salary). Priority consideration will be given to applications received by June 28, 2020.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Business Development Associate."
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision coverage
Catalist offers medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision coverage. Coverage for eligible staff begins the first of the month following the date of hire.
Group Term Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Group Term Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Coverage is available for eligible full-time employees. These benefits will be provided at no cost to Catalist’s employees. Enrollment will occur automatically on the 1st of the month following your date of employment.
401(k) Safe Harbor Plan
The 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan is available to all full-time employees from date of hire. Employees may contribute pre-tax or post-tax from their salary up the legal limit set forth by the IRS.
- Employer Contribution: All participants are eligible for this contribution.
- Catalist, LLC will contribute up to 3% of your compensation into the plan for each eligible participant.
- Catalist, LLC 401(k) plan allows qualified employees to enroll on their first day of work.
This benefit allows you to have up to funds deducted on a pre-tax basis from your gross salary amount to pay for Metro use.
Student Loan PayDown or SaveUp
Catalist is pleased to offer a Student Loan PayDown and College SaveUp benefit. We make direct contributions to either your student loans or 529 college savings plan. You get to choose which one will be most impactful to you!
Professional Development Benefit
All Catalist employees are eligible for an Individual Development Budget of $750 per calendar year. We are committed to the professional development of Catalist team members and are excited to support this benefit.
Personal Leave & Vacation
Catalist offers vacation benefits to all full-time, permanent staff. Employees receive 12 days their first full year. In addition to vacation, after 6 months each employee is allowed three personal days per calendar year and up to six days sick leave depending on tenure.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.