Election Data Processing Specialist (Entry-Level)
For 14 years, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in advocacy, civic endeavors, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community working on behalf of progressives only and never working for commercial for-profit enterprises.
Catalist is currently seeking applicants for an entry-level position as an Election Data Processor during the 2020 election cycle. This is a unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience at the intersection of technology and politics. This job will primarily be providing real time absentee and early vote data to clients for analysis and program work.
- Perform the end to end processing of Absentee and Early vote (AVEV) data
- Coordinate the proper collection of AVEV data from Secretaries of State and County Boards of Elections via email and phone calls
- Format and audit incoming data using various software and tools
- Gain proficiency with proprietary Catalist tools through on-the-job training
- Document your work in a clear and thorough manner
- Other tasks as assigned
Skills & Experience:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Willingness to be a problem solver and produce results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Offices Suite, specifically Excel
- Passion for progressive causes, a great attitude and willingness to learn
- Flexibility to work evening shifts is a plus
- Background check required
There are no formal educational requirements for this position
This is a seasonal position in Washington, DC. Compensation will be $15 per hour.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Election Data Processing Specialist.”
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision coverage
Catalist offers medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision coverage. Coverage for eligible staff begins the first of the month following the date of hire.
Group Term Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Group Term Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Coverage is available for eligible full-time employees. These benefits will be provided at no cost to Catalist’s employees. Enrollment will occur automatically on the 1st of the month following your date of employment.
401(k) Safe Harbor Plan
The 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan is available to all full-time employees from date of hire. Employees may contribute pre-tax or post-tax from their salary up the legal limit set forth by the IRS.
- Employer Contribution: All participants are eligible for this contribution.
- Catalist, LLC will contribute up to 3% of your compensation into the plan for each eligible participant.
- Catalist, LLC 401(k) plan allows qualified employees to enroll on their first day of work.
This benefit allows you to have up to funds deducted on a pre-tax basis from your gross salary amount to pay for Metro use.
Student Loan PayDown or SaveUp
Catalist is pleased to offer a Student Loan PayDown and College SaveUp benefit. We make direct contributions to either your student loans or 529 college savings plan. You get to choose which one will be most impactful to you!
Professional Development Benefit
All Catalist employees are eligible for an Individual Development Budget of $750 per calendar year. We are committed to the professional development of Catalist team members and are excited to support this benefit.
Personal Leave & Vacation
Catalist offers vacation benefits to all full-time, permanent staff. Employees receive 12 days their first full year. In addition to vacation, after 6 months each employee is allowed three personal days per calendar year and up to six days sick leave depending on tenure.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.