For 14 years, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
This position will report to the Deputy General Counsel. He/she will provide legal assistance to the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel in support of the company. Matters routinely involve the following areas: corporate structure and formation documents, data license and services agreements, NDAs, license agreements, vendor agreements, professional services and consulting agreements, customer agreements, and varying employment matters (handbooks, severance agreements, etc.).
- Handle a wide range of legal responsibilities as assigned and supervised by the General Counsel or Deputy General Counsel
- Review, draft and assist in the negotiation and execution of various commercial contracts and agreements
- Act as a strategic partner for the Human Resources and Finance department in handling the administration of employment, securities and legal compliance matters
- Assist in the development and management of programs to prevent and detect violations of laws, company policies, and other misconduct; promote ethical practices; and ensure the implementation of the compliance program throughout the organization
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, legal processes and policies, and contract management
- Liaison with other departments in the company and attend other business functions as directed by General Counsel or Deputy General Counsel
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-5 years’ experience in legal matters
- Experience with a data licensing company is a plus
- Being able to issue spot and draft agreements a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively handle shifting priorities and adapt to changing demands in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization and demonstrate a team-oriented work style
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Seasonal/Temporary (With Possibility of Future Full-Time Employment)
- G Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Salesforce (Preferred)
- Washington, DC (Currently in all-remote status due to Covid-19)
Salary / Benefits:
Salary based on equivalent annual salary of $50,000-60,000. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Legal Assistant/Paralegal.”
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision coverage
Catalist offers medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision coverage. Coverage for eligible staff begins the first of the month following the date of hire.
Group Term Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Group Term Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Coverage is available for eligible full-time employees. These benefits will be provided at no cost to Catalist’s employees. Enrollment will occur automatically on the 1st of the month following your date of employment.
401(k) Safe Harbor Plan
The 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan is available to all full-time employees from date of hire. Employees may contribute pre-tax or post-tax from their salary up the legal limit set forth by the IRS.
- Employer Contribution: All participants are eligible for this contribution.
- Catalist, LLC will contribute up to 3% of your compensation into the plan for each eligible participant.
- Catalist, LLC 401(k) plan allows qualified employees to enroll on their first day of work.
This benefit allows you to have up to funds deducted on a pre-tax basis from your gross salary amount to pay for Metro use.
Student Loan PayDown or SaveUp
Catalist is pleased to offer a Student Loan PayDown and College SaveUp benefit. We make direct contributions to either your student loans or 529 college savings plan. You get to choose which one will be most impactful to you!
Professional Development Benefit
All Catalist employees are eligible for an Individual Development Budget of $750 per calendar year. We are committed to the professional development of Catalist team members and are excited to support this benefit.
Personal Leave & Vacation
Catalist offers vacation benefits to all full-time, permanent staff. Employees receive 12 days their first full year. In addition to vacation, after 6 months each employee is allowed three personal days per calendar year and up to six days sick leave depending on tenure.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.