Toolkit Project Lead & Business Development Associate
For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in advocacy, civic endeavors, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Catalist Toolkit Project Lead and Business Development Associate.
The Catalist Toolkit Project Lead and Business Development Associate is responsible for Catalist’s newest asset: The Catalist Toolkit. Acquired from The Atlas Project in 2019, The Toolkit houses current and historical electoral and campaign data, including broadcast television spending and creative, electoral outcomes, candidate filings and fundraising, comprehensive state-based campaign roadmaps, and more.
The Toolkit Project Lead will drive the organization, definition, and prioritization of Toolkit-related development in conjunction with the Technology, Client Services, and Business department members of the Toolkit team. The Toolkit Lead will also facilitate Toolkit trainings and demonstrations for existing and potential Toolkit subscribers.
The role also includes work with Catalist’s Business Development team to facilitate traditional electoral and advocacy list acquisition and data hygiene projects.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Become the expert on the Catalist Toolkit within the organization
- Coordinate members of the Technology, Client Services, and Business Development teams to enhance and improve the Toolkit
- Serve as the primary Toolkit advocate within the company
- Serve as the Toolkit account executive for Toolkit Clients
- Work with the Business Development team to pitch prospective Toolkit Clients
- Develop metrics and reporting around trainings, proposals, inquiries, improvements, etc.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Background in progressive politics or advocacy. The successful candidate will have a proven record in electoral or advocacy contexts, experience with project management and an understanding of the progressive landscape (organizations, committees, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 to 4 years of campaign or advocacy experience
- Project management experience – PMP certification is a plus
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills – especially writing and presenting
- Background check required
Catalist offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Toolkit Lead.”
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision coverage
Catalist offers medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision coverage. Coverage for eligible staff begins the first of the month following the date of hire.
Group Term Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Group Term Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Coverage is available for eligible full-time employees. These benefits will be provided at no cost to Catalist’s employees. Enrollment will occur automatically on the 1st of the month following your date of employment.
401(k) Safe Harbor Plan
The 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan is available to all full-time employees from date of hire. Employees may contribute pre-tax or post-tax from their salary up the legal limit set forth by the IRS.
- Employer Contribution: All participants are eligible for this contribution.
- Catalist, LLC will contribute up to 3% of your compensation into the plan for each eligible participant.
- Catalist, LLC 401(k) plan allows qualified employees to enroll on their first day of work.
This benefit allows you to have up to funds deducted on a pre-tax basis from your gross salary amount to pay for Metro use.
Student Loan PayDown or SaveUp
Catalist is pleased to offer a Student Loan PayDown and College SaveUp benefit. We make direct contributions to either your student loans or 529 college savings plan. You get to choose which one will be most impactful to you!
Professional Development Benefit
All Catalist employees are eligible for an Individual Development Budget of $750 per calendar year. We are committed to the professional development of Catalist team members and are excited to support this benefit.
Personal Leave & Vacation
Catalist offers vacation benefits to all full-time, permanent staff. Employees receive 12 days their first full year. In addition to vacation, after 6 months each employee is allowed three personal days per calendar year and up to six days sick leave depending on tenure.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.