Absentee and Early Vote Specialist
For more than 15 years, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data, software, and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. active in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists, and campaign experts committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant and growing progressive community.
As an Absentee and Early Vote Specialist, you will have a leading role in providing data sets and solutions for use by a wide array of Catalist clients and partners, as well as assisting or leading efforts to manage cross-departmental projects. The position will be responsible for ensuring that various data types are processed and released in a timely and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with excellent technical skills, a strong desire to learn new skills, and an interest in progressive politics. Catalist values creativity and problem-solving. Our work is on the cutting edge of data-driven politics, and your support will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns.
This position reports to the Director of Data Acquisition. The Absentee and Early Vote Specialist is a part of a growing Data team that supports all underlying work at Catalist.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform the end to end processing of Absentee and Early vote (AVEV) data
- Coordinate the proper collection and cataloging of AVEV data from Secretaries of State and County Boards of Elections
- Research and monitor ongoing changes to election administration that may impact absentee and early voting
- Format and audit incoming data using various software and tools
- Gain proficiency with proprietary Catalist tools through on-the-job training
- Document your work in a clear and thorough manner
- Plan, manage, and execute special projects as directed by the Director of Data Acquisition
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multitask
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting abilities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly
- Able to focus on details and make productive suggestions on ways to improve processes
- Willingness to be creative and personable, work with teams internally, and articulate ideas clearly
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to handle numerous assignments at once
Education & Experience:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Offices Suite, specifically Excel
- Experience standardizing, cleaning, or processing large datasets provided in xlsx, csv, txt or other formats
- Experience with political campaigns or progressive organizations is preferred
- There are no formal educational requirements for this position
- Background check required
This is a seasonal position in Washington, DC. Catalist is currently working remotely due to the pandemic. Compensation will be $15 per hour.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Absentee and Early Vote Specialist.”
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug coverage
Catalist offers comprehensive PPO medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage. Coverage for eligible staff begins the first of the month following the date of hire.
Group Term Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Group Term Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Coverage is available for eligible full-time employees provided at no cost to Catalist’s employees. Enrollment will occur automatically on the 1st of the month following your date of employment.
Betterment 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan
The Betterment 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan is available to all full-time employees from date of hire. Employees may contribute pre-tax or post-tax from their salary up the legal limit set forth by the IRS.
- Employer Contribution: All participants are eligible for this contribution.
- Catalist, LLC will contribute up to 3% of your compensation into the plan for each eligible participant.
- Catalist, LLC 401(k) plan allows qualified employees to enroll on their first day of work.
Catalist, LLC also makes available Transit Benefits to its employees. These benefits allow you to have funds deducted on a pre-tax basis from your gross salary amount to pay for Transit.
Student Loan PayDown or SaveUp
Catalist is pleased to offer a Student Loan PayDown and College SaveUp benefit. We have partnered with Gradifi to make direct contributions to either your student loans or 529 college savings plan. You get to choose which one will be most impactful to you!
Professional Development Benefit
All Catalist employees are eligible for an Individual Development Budget of $750 per calendar year. We have seen, and want to recognize, the immense interest Catalist staff has demonstrated in expanding knowledge and improving skills. We are committed to your professional development and are excited to support this benefit for our staff.
Personal Leave & Vacation
Catalist offers vacation benefits to all full-time, permanent staff. During the first year of employment, employees will accrue one vacation day per calendar month. Employees are eligible to take vacation leave after the initial ninety days of employment. At the beginning of the second year of employment, employees will be issued fifteen days of vacation per employment year. In addition to vacation, each employee will be allowed three personal days per calendar year, to be used as needed, but no more than one personal day may be used in any calendar month unless approved in advance by a supervisor. Personal leave may be used for medical appointments scheduled during work hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist commits to fostering a culture of equity, inclusion, and accessibility and to serving the community by finding strength in our diversity. We commit to data as a force for good in the world, where we use data to tell stories, effect change, and have a positive impact in the progressive community. As part of our commitment, our Diversity Equity Inclusion and Accessibility committee focuses on four key areas: Data, Talent, Language, and Training & Education. This work consistently improves our data, communication, and company culture and also benefits the larger progressive data ecosystem.
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.