Catalist Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Catalist commits to fostering a culture of equity, inclusion, and accessibility and to serving the community by finding strength in our diversity. We commit to data as a force for good in the world, where we use data to tell stories, effect change, and have a positive impact in the progressive community.
This commitment requires a robust effort toward diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). We acknowledge DEIA as a definition in motion. We commit ourselves to doing the continuous work of providing an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and to creating a space where a diverse workforce thrives.
Embracing this responsibility means:
- Making sure opportunities to join our team are seen by a wide applicant pool, with specific attention to seeking out talented people whose paths into this workspace may differ from the current norm.
- Creating an environment where opportunities to contribute, advance, and thrive are actively and equitably distributed.
- Leveraging our position within the data community to share our progress — the good, the bad, and the in-between — while engaging and learning from the community at large.
- Confronting the ways in which data and analysis can perpetuate racism and other social harms, and continually assessing our own data and products to identify, eliminate and reverse those harms.
- Continuing to research best practices and incorporate new perspectives to ensure our data products reflect the experiences of everyone in America and challenge rather than reinforce the status quo.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility make our data stronger. We can only do truly valuable work when we embrace all perspectives.